Saturday, May 29, 2010

this time around

finding peace among chaos. peace among adrenaline.

In yoga, we practice engaging in focus and great intensity for one minute or 30 seconds at a time, then coming back to peace and rest for 20 seconds. And going back and forth between this intense mental and physical struggle and peace, rest, and relaxation. The more I practice this on my mat, I can feel my soul practicing this off the mat.
(It helps to stay out of crisis)

You might just be my person. You email me, we talk, I see your name, I hear your voice; my heart races. My body freezes. My mind goes chaotic. (still.) But, now I come back. I'm in a better place for you now. After the moment of adrenaline, stress, struggle, chaos; after you fill up my mind for a moment, you don't anymore. and - I come back.

Perhaps you are another posture to practice. Or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment